A super slow machine is one of the pet peeves of technology-dependent people. Check your task manager for poorer than usual performance on your PC. After all, you can see the things that slow your machine down. Maybe, you saw the modern configuration host causing high CPU utilization.
What’s a Modern Setup Host for Windows 10?
You can see the Modern Setup Host executable file by looking into the C:$Windows.BTSources folder. It is an archive and an installer that extracts itself. If your machine is running the Windows beta system version, it will appear in some circumstances (Windows Technical Preview). When your device detects or downloads updates, Modern Setup Host runs in the background. It also aids in the execution of the configuration file needed to update a PC to Windows 10.
Modern Setup Host has a fair share of the problems like other Windows elements. The most common issues identified by users are:
- Modern setup host that causes high use of CPUs
- Modern Setup Host no longer operates
Modern Setup Host errors are also related to problems with Windows Update. We explore the best ways to address this issue in this post. In addition, when you see the Modern Setup Host 100% disk utilization, we’re going to discuss how the PC can maximize speed.
Solution 1: Execute the Problem Resolver Windows Update
The Windows Update troubleshooter is one of the easiest ways to fix Modern Setup Host problems. The tool is built in if you use Windows 10. You must go to the Microsoft website and upload the troubleshooter if your machine runs Windows 7/Windows 8. Here are the steps to run the Windows 10 problem resolver:
- On your keyboard, click Windows Key+S.
- Category “missing” 2. (no quotes).
- From the performance, choose Troubleshoot.
- Go down to the pane correct, then choose Update for Windows.
- Click the Storm Run button. 5.
- Wait to locate and deal with the problems by the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen problem-solving instructions.
Solution 2: DISM Scan Modern Setup
Fehlers may be related to a corrupted Windows update. Fortunately, the Deployment Image Service and Management (DISM) tool of Windows 10 can be used. This program will assist you in resolving the problem. To use your PC’s DISM function, follow these steps:
- Click the Search icon to go to your taskbar. 1.
- “cmd” type 2. (no quotes).
- Right-click the Prompt command from the result, and pick Run as an Options Administrator.
- Click Yes if the authorization is requested.
- Run the following commands while Command Prompt is up:
DISM.exe /Cleanup-image /DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Check-image /Dism.exe /Check-online
DISM.exe /Online /Restore-Health Picture
It’s worth noting that the scan and repair process takes a long time. You must allow it to work without disturbing it. Check for a Modern Setup Host problem once the process is finished. You should go on to the next solution if it’s still there.
Solution 3: Clean Boot Performance
You will probably see the error message for Modern Setup Host, as certain background programs interfere with Windows Update. You must carry out a clean boot to solve this dilemma. This means you only need the key drivers and set-up programs to get your system up and running. By using these measures, you can make a clean boot:
- Press Windows Key+R on your keyboard. 1. The Run dialog box will be opened.
- Type ‘MSConfig,’ then press OK (no quotes).
- Go to the General tab when the System Settings window is up.
- Undo load boot objects. 4.
- Tap the ‘Hide all the service’ options at the bottom of the window, and then click the ‘Services’ tab.
- Click the All button Disable.
- Click on Open Task Manager in the Startup tab. 7.
- Click the Startup tab when the Task Manager is open.
- Identify all Activated startup products. 9. Right-click the tools to deactivate and pick them.
- Close Task Manager and return to the System Setup window.
- Click OK on the System Settings window.
- Reset the PC. 12.
Try to install the updates again once your machine is restarted. Check if the problem with the Modern Setup Host is gone.
Solution 4: The Ideal System Language
Problems with Windows Update can also occur when the machine language of a device does not fit the default system UI language. With the following solutions, you can solve this problem:
Check the default UI language for your system
- On your keyboard, click Windows Key+S.
- Type “cmd” right now (no quotes).
- Right-click the Prompt command and pick run as admin.
- Click yes if you are requested to have program access by the User Account Control.
- Type “dism/online/get-intl” (no quotes) into Command Prompt and press Enter. 5. Your default machine user interface language can now be seen.
System Language Check (Windows 10)
- To open the Settings App, press Windows Key+I on your keyboard.
- Time & Language selection.
- Click Region & Language on the left-hand menu.
- Look at the right pane and verify that your default device UI language is the same.
- Modify it accordingly, if the language is set to another alternative. Remove updates and check if the problem with Modern Setup Host is gone. On the other hand, you can switch to Solution 5 if your language already matches your standard system UI language.
READ MORE: How to Fix the Discord Update Failed Error