At A Glance
The purpose of the inaugural Sterling Awards is to identify the peerless products (design, functionality, purpose) that enhance, empower and exemplify the lifestyles of the Boomer and Silvers audience.
In addition, a special recognition award will be given to the individual who represents the trailblazing, inspiring, pioneering spirit of innovation and determination – the Sterling Innovator Award.
The Sterling Awards are sponsored by AARP and will be presented at a special event during the Silvers Summit at CES on January 10, 2012.
How the Selection Process Works
All companies with a product or service that meets the following criteria may enter for a chance to be an award winner:
Product or service must solve a problem/issue and have relevancy for the lifestyles for those age 50+:
▪ Limited mobility and agility
▪ Limitations with eyesight or hearing
▪ Cognitive thinking skills/brain health
▪ Communication, education and engagement
Product must enhance one of the following for those age 50+:
▪ Fill out online entry form
▪ Include a jpeg photo of the product or service
▪ Include a jpeg of the company or product/service logo
▪ Health and wellness aiding longevity
▪ Intergenerational interaction and learning (includes family caregiving)
▪ Safety (in the home, car, community, etc.)
▪ Social connectivity or networks (help in eliminating isolation)
▪ Engages user in social or environmental cause
Awards will be given in the following categories:
▪ Health & Wellness
▪ Relationships and Family Caregiving
▪ Education and Continued Learning
▪ Cause-worthy Product or Service (Corporate Social Responsibility)<
▪ Marketing Campaign to those 50+
▪ Customer Service for those 50+
Nominate Your Product or Service
All entries are free! Companies self-nominate its product or service in two ways:
Fill out online entry form
Include a jpeg photo of the product or service
Include a jpeg of the company or product/service logo
Click here for entry form:
An expert judging panel will evaluate the online entries and may contact the entrant for further questions to determine their top picks.
Call for entries: September 15, 2011
Deadline for nominations: October 15, 2011
All award winners will be notified by Silvers Summit on or before November 14, 2011. Award winners are encouraged to attend Silvers Summit at CES in Las Vegas to personally accept their award at the January 10, 2012 event.
For more information about the Sterling Awards, click here for our FAQs or contact: [email protected]